Tuesday, June 18, 2013

blergh

This morning I woke up to a vomiting kid and a ton of math homework.  School sucks, well really just the math but I'm trudging through it.  The other two courses are simple & fun.  I can crank out an essay in no time and I've been messing around with Photoshop for ages so they are both a walk in the park.  However, math is trying to kill me.  I have worked for over 13 hours the past 2 days just trying to get my grades up.  Word problems are THE WORST.  They never ever make any sense to me.

After a trying day today of math-things I have spent the evening doing laundry (I'm still up because my comforter is in the dryer) and catching up on about a month's worth of YouTube videos that I haven't gotten to watch because I've been working my butt off at this school stuff and attempting to have some semblance of a social life.  Thank The Seven for Jack Daniels, Jenna Marbles, Hannah Hart, John & Hank Green and Grace Helbig for making me laugh.  I also got my email about Neil Gaiman's signing that I'm going to here in a couple of weeks and after reading it and Amanda Palmer's blog about the book I AM EVEN MORE EXCITED which I didn't know was possible.

I have a birthday party for one of my best friends and a Bob Dylan concert to get to before any of that happens and I need to work on my attire for both ASAP.  I also need to start thinking about my own birthday party and what I want to do.  I'm thinking maybe a 60's/Mad Men themed party.  I don't know, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I've been in a funk lately and I need to snap out of it.  When I get depressed I like to turn off all the lights, lie down in the floor and listen to Alan Ginsberg readings.  They are my therapy.  This is my favorite poem. It's where this blog's URL originated from.


2 comments:

  1. I too closed my eyes and listened to Ginsberg's beautiful monologue. it is so moving! I can see why you use this as a tool to fight depressing darkness.

    -Jenn Eason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is but something about how voice just really moves me.

      Delete